Google Search

:: THOUGHTS ASIDE ::
Promoting a website is not an easy task to perform. There are so many issues to consider, so many mistakes to avoid, it is very hard to find a good starting place. This is where this service kicks in - with their search engine submission we were able to submit our website to Google and thousands of other search engines without worrying about anything. They also offer software promotion services ::

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bollywood Reacts After Terror Strike

It was work and play time for Bollywood stars on Mumbai's horrific night. Most actors were either shooting at certain locations in the city, and some were enjoying a dinner outside with family and friends, when the news hit them. A few others who were asleep awoke to a nightmare. Here, they talk about the horror that no celluloid can ever do justice to, the tears not brought about by glycerine and wonder what is happening to their city. Read on…..
Amitabh Bachchan: "I was on the streets shooting for Teen Patti. But I got home safe."

Imran Khan: "I was at a screening. It was stopped when news of the terror attacks came in. I went home and watched the news all night. It's hard to comment on the situation without sounding trite or redundant."

Bipasha Basu: "It's shocking and scary. Last night, I passed the highway two minutes after the Vile Parle blast. There was mayhem on the roads. John's aunt, who works at the Taj, reached home at 7 am on Thursday. We're going through a very disturbing and inhuman phase. Where and when will it end?

Shabana Azmi: "I was on the phone to London with a friend when she asked me to switch on the TV. It's a diabolic war waged on our city and country. This isn't the time to apportion blame. We need to maintain peace and communal harmony and co-operate with the police. Our condolences are with police officers who sacrificed their lives. Terrorism should be struck down with an iron hand.

Vishal Bhardwaj: "My Kaminay unit was lucky. We were shooting a minute's distance away from the Taj and Oberoi hotels. We had to quickly gather our stuff and flee."

Raveena Tandon: "We were in a restaurant in South Mumbai having dinner with friends. Suddenly we started getting calls to leave immediately and head home. We still waited. But then a top cop called and advised us to go home. We all made groups and headed home and stayed on the phone till each of us were back home safe. Think of the world that our children will inherit. I think Mumbai-kars should protest against the way authorities were caught napping on Wednesday night. Maybe a candlelight peaceful protest?

Hema Malini: "We were all at home. What an inhuman act! It's very sad that we lost some brave officers. Hats off to the army for rescuing people. It's really sad that Mumbai has become so unsafe today. There was a time when our children could be out till late without a worry. Today, I wait with my heart in the mouth until Esha and Ahana are home. We desperately need more security. I'm sure Mumbaikars won't mind the added bandobast. Rather that, than the constant fear of terrorism. My heartfelt condolences to those who suffered losses on this tragic Wednesday night.

Shilpa Shetty: "I had an early morning shoot so I went to sleep early. I had no clue about what happened in my city until someone called from London to ask if I was ok. That's when I switched on the TV… and quickly made calls to friends who live in town. It's an unsettling feeling, especially since we seem ill-equipped to deal with it.

Urmila Matondkar: "I went to sleep early last night. This morning, I got to know what happened. I'm too shocked to react. All this is terribly sad and disturbing. Where will it end?

Arshad Warsi: "I was on my way back from Penchant last night. The explosion at Vile Parle happened 15-20 minutes after I passed that area. I trust the police and army. They'll sort this out. Nothing can stop us Mumbaikars from getting back to normal. But we need to exercise more caution.

Sammir Dattani: "Five friends and I had a table booked at the Oberoi's for dinner. I was with my friends just a stone's throw away from the Oberoi, when I changed my mind because I had an early-morning flight. That's when we heard a loud boom coming from the hotel. Before we could react, all hell broke loose. We quickly drove off. The chaos we saw on the roads reminded me of Will Smith in I Am Legend. This isn't the city I know.

Sophie Chowdhary: "I was shooting with Neil Mukesh at Royal Palms. I got home at 9.15. I was planning to go to Dragonfly in South Mumbai because it's Salsa night on Wednesdays. Suddenly, a friend messaged to not leave. All my friends dancing the Salsa were locked inside Dragonfly by the army. When they came down at 4 am, they saw another blast and were sent up again. My heart goes out to all those who lost their loved ones. I'm praying for the safety of all the hostages and police and ATS officers.

Mahesh Bhatt: "We've entered the heart of darkness. I was at Shahana Goswami's house celebrating the completion of our film Jashan when we heard the news. India feels like an open wound. This is the price we're paying for being America's 'war tool'.

Simi Garewal: "I'm staying at at the 4 Seasons because my home is being renovated. I rushed home to Malabar Hills. The hotel was too close to the blasts for comfort. What's happening to my city?